I am a book blogger but I love watching videos on booktube as much as I like reading book blogs. One of my favorites is Lainey who hosts Top 5 Wednesday, you can see her videos here. I never miss an episode of T5W. Seriously, that girl just cracks me up.
I’ve played with the idea of doing some videos and incorporating them on the blog but I’m just not there yet.
So I’m going to do something a little unconventional this week and participate in Top 5 Wednesday as this week’s topic is kind of a biggie for me this year as there are several series I want to finally start.
1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer… I know once I finally start this series I am going to love it. I picked up a copy of Cinder when it first came out and was a little unsure about the whole Cinderalla/Cyborg thing. My feelings have changed obviously and I really want to read everything that is already out before the final book comes out later this year.
2. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater … I listened to the Scorpio Races on audiobook and freaking loved it. I know this author is perfection and I just can’t believe I haven’t started this series yet.
3. The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas… I’m not a fantasy fan, well I am but I tend to lose interest in the really descriptively written ones. I’ve read this is a good series for those folks like me or those who are fans of fantasy or those who have never read fantasy before, etc. Anyway, I wanna give it a go. I have the first book on my Kindle so I think I’ll make it happen.
….and the last two are series that are completed and of which I have wanted to get to but haven’t yet. Both series I have the first book of already so really there’s no excuses….
4. The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu… I started this and I really, really liked it. I put it down for whatever reason and I am ready to pick it back up and finish the rest of the trilogy.
5. The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi… I’m positive I’ll really like these but I just never gave them much thought. 2015 will be different and I’ll do more than think about them, I plan to read and complete them! :D
This is not an exhaustive list, however they are my top 5 that I definitely intend to get to this year.
Are there any series you plan to get to this year? Any you’ve been putting off and have decided you are no longer going to procrastinate?
I’d like to do less memes in 2015 but this is one I just can’t do without. I always get so excited when I go to the library to return one book to find three more. And then coming back to share my finds… well it feels like how I imagine archeologists feel when they discover entire cities underground :D So without further explanation…
This is two trips to the library and does not include the audiobook which is currently in my car, I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandi Nelson.
I am more than halfway through Don’t Look Back. I really want to finish it but I think I figured out the twist ending already which totally ruined it for me.
I am nearly finished with the second disk of the audiobook. This one is phenomenal and deserves every bit of the hype it’s getting.
Next I’ll probably start Code Name Verity and finish my ebook of Big Little Lies before picking up Rebel Belle. That’s the plan anyway.
Purchased Physical Books
I haven’t started any of these yet. Though These Broken Stars and Unspoken are really tempting to start right now.
Did anyone else see all the awesome ebooks on sale? One of the blogs I follow kept posting to Facebook and I loaded the heck up. With deals like that how could I resist? With the exception of Big Little Lies and Never Never, each one was only $1.99. I think a few of them are still on sale, too.
Did you get something this week you’re super excited about, too?
So excited for Bout of Books to return. I wish it were a different week as work is currently keeping me extremely busy so my reading has been nearly nonexistent. My plan is to finish both Big Little Lies and Don’t Look Back as well as get started on Code Name Verity. I know, quite the variety. But the last two are library books with looming due dates and Big Little Lies my sis-in-law and I are reading together this month.
Alongside my updates will also be my challenge entries as I participate in them. The challenges are always one of my favorite parts, so I’m going to try and do as many as possible.
This will be the only page I will post updates on so there won’t be any spamming of any kind.
Challenges: Writing My Own Fairy Tale’s Character Coupling… I would set up Roar from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and Dee from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. First off, Roar deserves some love, too. Both of these individuals are smart, classy, fun and love to life live to its fullest. I think Roar and Dee’s personalities would be very complementary and they would bring out the best in each other. Plus they are both very pretty and would make a gorgeous couple with even prettier babies :)
It’s that time again! I am not exaggerating when I say that I have been looking forward to BoB12 since BoB11 ended.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
This time there’s no goals link, which I’ll admit makes me just a little bit sad. I love sharing what I plan to read and I look forward to seeing what everyone else plans to read. In spite of this, I would still like to declare my intentions for this go-around.
In spite of these new changes, I still need some sort of goal, some kind of guideline if you will. With that in mind my goal is to complete one entire book, participate in at least three challenges and visit a handful of participating blogs each day.
I will create another post that will go live Monday where I will keep track of my daily updates and where I will also post my challenge entries.
That’s it for now. See you on the other side!
This is going to be a slim challenge year for me. Instead of committing to too many, I plan on only participating in two challenges this year.
1. The obligatory Goodreads challenge where I hope to read 35 books. I feel pretty confident I can exceed this number. The link takes you to my Goodreads’ goal page. I will also keep track of the books in a tab above on this website as I’ve done in years past.
2. TBR Jar Challenge – I might actually post a video when I choose my books for this one, we’ll have to wait and see. Katytastic is doing one on her vlog that is categories as opposed to specific books which I really like. PopSugar! is also doing one but there were too many I knew I wouldn’t get to or find a book to match up to. With the new year I’ve decided to no longer make unrealistic goals :) There will be a tab above that will keep track of my posts related to this challenge each month, as well.
That’s it for me for year-long challenges this year.
I’d like to participate in more read-a-thons as those are probably one of my favorite things to do as a blogger. Bout-of-Books is coming up Monday so expect a post this weekend in regards to that one. As I participate in others throughout the year I’ll be sure to keep this blog updated.
Additionally, I’d like to attend some more bookish events. I went to a handful last year and had a great time, so i’m hoping to be able to attend some even more this year.
Finally, my sis-in-law and I have decided on our first book to read for January… well actually I decided for us. Not sure if this will become a monthly thing, but maybe. I will create a page for this on the challenge tab, too.
What do your bookish resolutions look like for 2015?