Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish where Jamie and her co-bloggers create a top ten list for a given topic. Then they ask the blogging world to contribute their own thoughts on the topic.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I Was “Forced” to Read.
1. Good Omens by a good friend in high school, who is still one of my closest friends ten years later. She and I and a third friend had started an impromptu book swap and would read a book and demand the others to read it, too. This was one of my favorites and still is.
2. Beloved by my AP Composition professor in high school. She had us read it over holiday break. Up to that point i hadn’t read anything like it and it really caught my attention. I still think about it.
3. Krik? Krak! by my World Literature professor in college. Another thought-provoking read.
4. Drawing Blood by my closest friend back in high school. These are one of the many books I’d like to re-read as an adult.
5. One for the Money by a friend with similar reading tastes, the only friend with similar reading tastes.
6. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn for a book club meeting that I ended up missing because life is just too busy. I liked the book though, even if it was really long. I loved the foreword in the front of the book. It made the book seem too important to miss, life-changing, though I don’t think that was her intent when she wrote it.
Well I got more than I thought I would. These are my top 6 favorite that I was “forced” to read and enjoyed.