Hey y’all as the title suggests this is day 2 of a 5 day blogging event created by a group of blogging gals. I signed up via Two Chicks on Books, but there is also Fiktshun and Magical Urban Fantasy Readsco-hosting this year.
This is my first time participating in this event but already I’m really enjoying myself. If you’re interested in finding out more information the button at the top right of this blog will take you to the right place!
Day 2: Best Book Covers of 2013. The covers I pick must be from titles published in 2013. While I read more than I did last year, most of what I read this year were titles from previous years. So I thought I’d cheat a little and do my top 3 as books that I’ve read and the remaining 7 covers that I love that I haven’t read yet but plan to.
Best Covers in Order (from books I’ve read)
- Sentinel – is probably my favorite this year because the series ended and I just finished reading it and I’m feeling nostalgic. But I also have always loved this series’ covers.
- Through the Ever Night – is a close runner up because Perry graces the cover and I totally loved him in this sequel as opposed to last book where not so much.
- Apollyon – ties with Half-Blood’s cover for my favorite from this series hands down. Love love love.
Best Covers Not in Order (from books I have not read)
- The Twelfth Keeper – I love this author and I love all of her covers. I’m ashamed I haven’t read it yet, but very soon.
- The Chaos of Stars – Typography was a big thing for me this year and this cover definitely nailed it.
- Taken – I finally got my grabby hands on this title. I have been wanting to read this book solely because of the cover since it was revealed!
- Some Quiet Place – This cover is a bit strange, but I have always loved the effect of something solid disappearing to become something else entirely.
- Poison – A cover I just love because it’s whimsy and fantasy everything is just perfect.
- the Nightmare Affair – I’m a huge fan of illustration and this cover has all of my favorite elements.
- Clockwork Princess – I’m slowly listening to this trilogy in my car and this cover just WOW!