I saw this survey going around last year and never actually completed it. So this time I’m joining the ranks! End of Year survey is thanks to the awesome Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner. There is the main survey and two optional parts, but I only included one of the optional parts and the main one.
1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?Sweet Home by Tillie Cole – I hadn’t really read anything with a sports focus before and I had really high hopes despite it being about the Crimson Tide 😉
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry – Yeah I didn’t really have any expectations other than I apparently needed to read it. Plus Armentrout loves McGarry’s work and I have decided she has excellent taste in books because she loved the Demon Trapper’s series. I ended up loving almost everything about this book.
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
In an effort to not keep repeating the same titles, this one –>
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
Sarah Strohmeyer. There probably isn’t anything I won’t read from this author after Smart Girls Get What They Want.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Second Verse by Jennifer Walkup, it was very light “horror.” I never read from the horror genre and when I signed up for it in a blog tour and read it and loved it, I decided I need to give this genre a fair shot.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
This one –>
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Um, I’d say
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
Apollo from the Covenant Series with or without a bell!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Oh geez Real Men Don’t Break Hearts by Coleen Kwan? I wouldn’t say beautiful is the right description, but I was pretty blown away.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
Wither? The Scorpio Races? Pushing the Limits? They all qualify I think.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
I am the worst about doing this, but from a book I just finished Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando: “Life is one of those experiments meant to be conducted in a stimulating, messy environment.”
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest– The Rocker That Holds Me (102 pages)
Longest —The Scorpio Races (404 pages)
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
A scene in the woods in Apollyon after Alex escapes. I don’t want to say anymore to avoid spoilers. But sheesh, that scene broke my heart and put it back together.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Romance – Gale and Katniss in Mockingjay
Friendship – Roar and Aria in Through the Ever Night
Familial — The Merrick brothers in Spark
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Cursed by JLA
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
I’m going to tweak this and say “Best Book I Read on a Whim” and that would be –>
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Mark from Roomies
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
The Scorpio Races, hands down
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
Pushing the Limits wins by a landslide. I was bawling in a public place. Other books that made me tear up include Apollyon, Roomies, The Truth About Forever..
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?Taken by Erin Bowman, most likely. Then Cinder, Shatter Me, Legend, and Divergent 🙂
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
or maybe it’s a toss-up!
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
The Lux series by JLA
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
Reviewing more of the books I read. I really slacked off this year with regards to reviews.