Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish where Jamie and her co-bloggers create a top ten list for a given topic. As always links/images will take you to the respective Goodreads page.
This week’s top ten is: Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet There’s a lot of books out there I really want, but when it comes time to actually share those books I usually can’t remember all of them. I shall try my best.
- Landline – When I first heard the synopsis for this one, it was the first Rainbow Rowell book I really wanted to read. It reminds me very vaguely of the movie Frequency with Dennis Quaid and Jim Cavaziel.
- Isla and the Happily Ever After – I’ll probably buy this as soon as I finish Lola, which I have plans for as soon as I finish this stack of library books. I loved Anna, but I keep getting distracted while reading Lola.
- Take Me On – I really liked the synopsis for this one and one day I would really like to have all of Katie McGarry’s books on my bookshelf.
- Ashes to Ashes – I have the first two, which I totally bought because I loved their covers. I want to finish the set before I read the trilogy… This is probably a really bad plan, haha
- Don’t Look Back – JLA is an auto-buy author for me usually. And I LOVE this book’s premise but I really don’t like buying hardcovers. I’d rather buy two paperbacks than the price I have to pay for one hardcover.
- 17 & Gone – Another book whose premise pulled me in from the first moment I read it. I must read it.
- Shatter Me – This and #8 are trilogies I really want to marathon. I just need to find a great price on the box sets and then I’ll be all set!
- Legend – See #7
- & 10. Saga Vol. 2 & 3 – I read the first volume on my Kindle and was hooked! And now I can’t find the sequels, so annoying!
I actually made it to ten? I surprise even myself sometimes. Many of these I would have bought already if I still had a disposable income, one of these days.
Teaser Tuesday, a weekly meme created by MizB at Should Be Reading, is an opportunity for bloggers to tease their blogging friends about a book they are reading in just two sentences picked from a random page without giving away spoilers.
My teaser for this week is …
The glass door slid open , and Gabriel stuck his head in. “Are you two going to start knitting, or do you want to come burn off some rage with the rest of us?”
~ Loc 1060, Sacrifice (Elementals #5) by Brigid Kemmerer
This week I’m teasing from the galley I was approved for last week! I was so excited when I got approved, I took to Twitter to share and the author retweeted my tweet and even commented! I was so excited!!