Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish is such a doll of a weekly meme, isn’t it? I don’t always participate in the topics if I don’t have enough to contribute or if the topic doesn’t appeal to me, but I always read the posts on my Feedly page others post.
This week’s topic: 2016 Releases You Meant to Read in 2016 and Didn’t (for Whatever Reason)
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I ❤ Illuminae and somehow this didn’t get read and I am as shocked as you are.
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware – 2016 was a good year for psychological thrillers. I wanted to read them all. Problem is, so did everyone else in my county.
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles – My number in the library queue was just called. This one is the must-read on my January TBR.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – I hope to get to this one in 2017.
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton – When I picked this up I wasn’t in the right mood for it.
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Stephanie Cluess – I didn’t even know I wanted to read this one until it was everywhere.
- Riders by Veronica Rossi – I keep picking this up, starting it, putting it back down.
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – I’m a mood reader and this one starts super slow, I am finally ready for this.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – I didn’t click with the beginning of this one at all, but I want to read it, so I hope I will get another opportunity this year.
- This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab – I started this then got distracted. probably by my kid.
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – I was really looking forward to this one and it just didn’t happen.
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – I actually started this and got a good ways in before it was due back. I should probably not even try to read during the holidays. Honestly.
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – I don’t even know what happened here.
- Ruined by Amy Tintera – Or here.
- Vicarious by Paula Stokes – Or here.
2016 was a horrible, horrible reading year for me. I read a grand total of 6 books. I am literally ashamed of that number and I have vowed 2017 and each year after will never see such a low number of books read again.
Were there any books in 2016 you didn’t get to, but wish you did? Are there any on my list you’ve read and recommend I don’t?