……………An Intro to You & Your Blog……………………….
1. Tiffany – Just outside Atlanta, Ga
2. I went through periods of reading everything I could get my hands on and not reading anything at all from a very young age. I was the kid in English that went home and read the book we started in class Friday, over the weekend, and then had an impromptu discussion with the teacher Monday. There wasn’t any one book, though my Nana would send me boxes of children’s books every few months along with dozens of Burger King Kids Meal toys so I’m sure that didn’t hurt matters. Not to mention my mom was an avid reader herself.
3. Becoming a part of the book community came about naturally once I discovered book blogging. Now what shoved me back into reading as a college student, was not my textbooks, but my Entertainment Marketing course. My professor was friends with an author who she had speak to us regarding the publishing segment. That author being Jana Oliver, the genius behind The Demon Trapper’s Series. I devoured the first three books in one weekend and became eager to read more. Thanks to Goodreads, I found Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Obsidian and that was pretty much it, I was hooked.
4. I chose blogging because writing has always been a passion of mine, something I consider one of my strengths. My name came from my profession while I was at uni. A friend once called me “tiffnanny” and I liked it so much I decided to use it for my blog.
5. My favorite thing about the community has to be the people, I know it’s corny but it’s true. It doesn’t matter which platform you use, everyone is wonderful and I love that we have commandeered this corner of the web to discuss all things books.
6. My posts are a wild mix! I try to have a bi-weekly musing, a book tour to share and some sort of marathon participation once a month, Top Ten Tuesday posts, monthly TBR and wrap-ups, as well as of course book reviews.
7. I mostly read young adult; however, I have also gotten into psychological and suspense thrillers, as well as chick-lit. Having a child of my own and desperately trying to make him a reader, means from time to time I will review children’s works. I’m also a bit of a nut for family-friendly wholesome cookbooks.
1. Salmon, my son and I love the fish, so we have salmon at least once a week. Drink? My BFF’s homemade mead or a nice glass of Woodlands-Reserve Whiskey and Sprite!
2. Cerulean, Teal, Royal Blue – Pretty much every shade of blue there is!
3. Going to the movies, trying new restaurants, travelling (when I can afford it!), Taking my kiddo to everything
4. This week? Um, The 100 and Chicago Fire!
5. Pride & Prejudice, Frequency, Dirty Dancing, Sweet Home Alabama, While You Were Sleeping—I define favorite movie by if I’ve watched it at least 100 times and I would happily watch it 100 times more!
6. My favorites are the likes of–Tori Amos, Shania Twain, Sarah McLaughlin, Jewel, etc.
7. The thrift store!
1. Favorite Books As a Child?
Babaar, anything that played with Teddy Ruxpin—when I was a wee thing. Middle School—Roswell, Everworld, Animorphs. High School—Harry Potter, obvs. but also Beloved, Crime and Punishment, Catcher in the Rye (and the rest of Salinger’s works) and Into Thin Air. I was one of the rare kids that enjoyed my assigned reading.
2. Favorite books read in the last five years?
Obsidian, Divergent, Illuminae, Anna and the French Kiss, Under the Never Sky
3. Favorite genres?
Young Adult, Thrillers,
4. Underrated book, series or author you love?
5. A book you want to see made into a film or tv show?
6. Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF?Book family?
7. Books you want to read in 2017?