These monthly wrap-ups will include what I’ve been reading, listening to (audiobooks ftw!), watching and a little personal update (if applicable).
The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas – I won’t finish this in time to have a review ready. So far, though, this has proven to be a quick, but not easy, read. That probably doesn’t make sense. I’ll try to form coherent sentences for my official review.
Walk the Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (my review) – Made it 6/10ths of the way through before I had to return it so I’m actually finishing it in ebook. Love it!
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – I have a new thing that I have started to do that has been working for me.. I don’t pre-determine what I will listen to next. I borrow a 1 to 3 on Overdrive, then have a listen and return the ones that do not capture my attention in the first 30 minutes. This title was one of two in the running and I was pleasantly surprised to laugh within the first 20 minutes!
– Thirteen Reasons Why – I didn’t plan to watch this. I just decided to give it a try one evening. It’s gut-wrenching to consider. Also, may I add, what an important show?! I know there have been iffy reviews, and yes, I can see their point of view, but I just don’t think it detracts from the important message that needs to be said. This is the world we live in and someone needs to say something to a massive audience.
– Final Season of Grimm – I’m okay with how everything ended, but I’m still devastated it’s gone forever! I seriously loved this show.
– Supernatural – I love this season! I love the new characters being introduced and all the fun the boys are having.
– We moved. It was crazy, it’s still crazy finding time to unpack and whatnot, but it has been an enjoyable whirlwind. We couldn’t be happier in our new place.
– Job stuffs is stressful af right now, but I still enjoy what I’m doing, where I’m working and with whom.
– Started helping my uncle do balloons animals for his family entertainment business last weekend. I had a blast and I hope I get to do it again real soon.